What is Kinesiology?
Kinesiology is the study of movement across physical activities involved in sports, exercise, and daily living. Studies in kinesiology provide an understanding of the human body, how it works and how to treat and prevent injuries; this knowledge has particular applications to the elderly, disabled, children, and athletes. Kinesiology can be applied to treat musculoskeletal injuries in athletes; design recovery programs for injured athletes. It can also be used to prepare fitness programs for patients recovering from chronic conditions; measure health indicators; ensure patient safety.
“Kinesiology taping can assist our bodies’ own healing mechanisms.” – Kenzo Kase (Founded Taping Method)
What is Kinesio Taping?
What does Kinesio Taping do?
What are the benefits of Kinesio Taping?
- Relieves pain: Kinesiology tape can relieve pressure on muscle and joint injuries to help ease any pain you might be feeling.
- Reduces inflammation: When you suffer sports and workout injuries, it’s common for the affected area to become inflamed and swollen. Kinesiology tape helps stretch the area to promote drainage of the fluid under the skin so your injury can heal more quickly.
- Fades bruises: If the injured area is bruised, kinesiology tape can help get rid of accumulated blood under the skin so bruises heal more quickly.
- Supports muscle recovery: Lactic acid can build up in your muscles after a workout, causing a sore, stiff feeling. Kinesiology tape helps remove lactic acid buildup in your muscles for faster recovery.
- A single session application of Kinesio tape, regardless of the amount of tape used or number of locations taped on one body