What is Kinesiology?
Kinesiology is the study of movement across physical activities involved in sports, exercise, and daily living. Studies in kinesiology provide an understanding of the human body, how it works and how to treat and prevent injuries; this knowledge has particular applications to the elderly, disabled, children, and athletes. Kinesiology can be applied to treat musculoskeletal injuries in athletes; design recovery programs for injured athletes. It can also be used to prepare fitness programs for patients recovering from chronic conditions; measure health indicators; ensure patient safety.
“Kinesiology taping can assist our bodies’ own healing mechanisms.” – Kenzo Kase (Founded Taping Method)
What is Kinesio Taping?
Kinesio Taping is a rehabilitative technique that is designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while providing support and stability to your joints and muscles without affecting circulation and range of motion. It is also used to reduce pain, decrease inflammation, lymphatic drainage and preventive measures.
What does Kinesio Taping do?
Kinesio Taping gives support and stability to your joints and muscles without affecting circulation and range of motion. It is also used for preventive maintenance, edema, and to treat pain.
What are the benefits of Kinesio Taping?
There are several key benefits to using kinesiology tape during your workout or sports activity, including the following:
- Relieves pain: Kinesiology tape can relieve pressure on muscle and joint injuries to help ease any pain you might be feeling.
- Reduces inflammation: When you suffer sports and workout injuries, it’s common for the affected area to become inflamed and swollen. Kinesiology tape helps stretch the area to promote drainage of the fluid under the skin so your injury can heal more quickly.
- Fades bruises: If the injured area is bruised, kinesiology tape can help get rid of accumulated blood under the skin so bruises heal more quickly.
- Supports muscle recovery: Lactic acid can build up in your muscles after a workout, causing a sore, stiff feeling. Kinesiology tape helps remove lactic acid buildup in your muscles for faster recovery.
Kinesio Tape Application Price
- A single session application of Kinesio tape, regardless of the amount of tape used or number of locations taped on one body